Saturday, March 21, 2015

TV Today

I am awfully lazy. I am unemployed for now, and I still haven't received calls from my applications. So I watch TV more than I should.

I don't watch too much TV before, but I now have time to waste on shows like The Apartment and even Survivor. The last time I followed Survivor was like eight years ago, when there were still contestants who have moral issues about manipulation. There is none of that anymore.

Empire was a breath of fresh air. It's quite popular. It's an exciting story of a dysfunctional and twisted family.  Every episode hooks you up, getting more complicated week after week.

The two-hour season finale built up quickly with more twists, with an expected cliffhanger ending. I know it would be picked up for another season, but I was hoping for some resolution to at least half of the conflicts there. Instead, we have twice more in just one episode.

It could be tiring.

Speaking of tiring, The Americans is another show I follow. It is slow and somber like it's intended to be. You'll be surprised by how many developments happened after an hour.

It's hypnotic sometimes. Half of the time though, my mind wanders off and when I get back, they have a terrorist being burned alive.

Then I move to  Homeland, which I have not seen since season one. Despite that, I followed the story. And when I tuned in, Claire Danes is seducing the poor boy from Life of Pi!

Darn. I should pick up a hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment