Thursday, March 19, 2015

D&G and the Attack on Modern Family

D&G, Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana, are in hot water after some controversial statements on gay families and IVF babies. Dolce and Gabbana are gay and were a former couple, so people were surprised of the unsupportive comment against gay families or modern ways of having children. Words used were a bit harsh: "synthetic babies," "rented uterus, semen chosen from a catalog," and

Comments can be disastrous. John Galliano is still remembered for his anti-Jewish comments in Paris, and still suffers from it today. He seems to have repented, but D&G seems to be firm about it.

I was watching CNN earlier and saw a short interview.

"Every people [has] freedom for choosing what they want. This for me is democracy. I respect you because you choose what you want. I respect me because I choose what I want... This just my point of private view,"
That is a valid point, methinks. And the Internet is angry. I learned about it from Courtney Love. She's going to burn some clothes. Elton John started a boycott campaign. He was offended, stating, "How dare you refer to my beautiful children as 'syntethic'."


Unlike Galliano, Dolce and Gabbana are working for their own brand. It will have an effect on sales, for sure; but it probably won't last very long. People's attention span tend to be short, sadly.

I asked my more fashion-knowledgeable girlfriend what she thinks. She doesn't like them that much. Too flamboyant, she thinks.

I found this on the Internet. While we don't agree with Dolce and Gabbana's comments, it looks good. Hope they learn that there are opinions that can spark mob anger, and best kept to themselves.



If in case, you want to get rid of them, don't burn them. Why not just send it to this unemployed chum from a third-world country?

No comments:

Post a Comment