Monday, April 27, 2015

The Job I did not Have

The interview was the best I had in months. I did well, I think. It was for a brokerage company in the Philippines that will mostly work with ForEx.

The interview we had, I was seated with three other kids in their twenties who made me feel old. They seem like smart kids, a bit inexperienced with presenting themselves, though. With a little bit of work, I think they'll be good. 

Two of them came from top universities in the Philippines. It almost made me feel bad about myself, but like what I learned when dealing with situations like these: just swallow it up and be confident. I did not carefully  trim my beard only to choke and crash miserably. 

I did get a job offer. The job promises us to learn from experts. It would have been nice if I was younger; but we were only gonna get an allowance for food and transportation. I have bills to pay. If you've seen the place, the closest eateries there are coffee shops with fancy food. There's a McDonald's nearby, but you have to cross a busy highway with fast-driving cars.

I was the only guy who asked about client sourcing, and it seems like we have to grow our portfolio on our own. Networking is a recurring theme then.

I am gonna die working there. Will Smith can inspire people via his movie In Pursuit of Happyness; but I can get no high yields, because I have nothing to give, darn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment