Thursday, June 18, 2015

One Month After

It has been quite some time since I made my last post, the last of which was about bitterness. Bitterness. I think I am in the process of healing now, and there is definitely progress.

From Pixabay



I applied for a job at this humanitarian organization. I really wanted to be part of it. I think my heart is in the right place, but the competition was stiff. I could tell. The girl seated beside me had a spark of intelligence in her eyes, and she speaks French. I, on the other hand, knew only English and Filipino. I know some decent English for a non-native speaker, but I doubt that it is enough, if pitted against an English or a Journalism major. Besides, I have spent a lengthy amount on jobs that did not really foster growth.

So, here I am today, typing random thoughts. The good thing about being really poor was the absence of major worries until the next wave of bills come flooding the door. It is refreshing. And for the first time in a very long time, I feel free.

I have also been trying to block negative energy like a new-age gook, and it is hard because I am a bit cynical about life for the longest time. My hiatus at work has allowed me to reflect on the places I've been to, the people I've met along the way, the amazing things I have accomplished and mistakes I may have done.

From this day forward, as long as I could, I would hold a sunny disposition until I get what I want in a job that I like, and be a happy positive person. Maybe I would try to write a little here and there, and be the best freaking amazing person that I could be.

Peace and love, and all the other things that made me nauseous before -- because I am a better person now. Methinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment